Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Update - 113 days to Hawai'i - ENGLISH version

Oh my goodness!

Only 113 days left, less than 4 months? Somehow it's no surprise but at the moment this thought is a little bit scary. 😲 First I booked this journey with a long lead time and than I become impatient because it still takes so long. Next I find out that time begins to pass faster. And now I'm feeling a slight teeny-weeny panic? And what happens when the time comes? Hysteria? 😱 Honey, keep calm - even if it's not so easy. 😁

There's not much news. I've finally found a photo studio that will hopefully make good photos for my new passport and driver license. Last time when I needed a new identity card the biometric specifications were quite new and my identity card was already expired. Due to an urgent business travel to France I needed a new identity card quickly and so I jumped into the next store to get some pics for it. The result: I'm now ashamed for nearly 10 years so much that I show my identity card always with the pic on the downside. Useless because the important information are on the upside of course. At that time these pics were called mug shots. But not enough with that: My pic couldn't been more disadvantageous than it was (or still currently is) and no woman on earth is free of at least a little bit of vanity. Even my mother told me someday: Can't you get rid of this ugly photo??? Thanks Mom! God thanks I'm already used to her kind for my whole life. 😉 So I promised myself: the next identity card will be better! Let's see if this photo studio will do better because the opportunities are in fact limited.


Oh, there is something new! Now I'm not only on Twitter but also on Instagram. 😉 Why? Good question. Perhaps because a lot of interesting stuff doesn't find its way from Instagram to Twitter or because the manufacturer of my favorite smartphone brand thinks it's a good idea to preinstall the app and to prevent uninstall. 😒 So when the app is already on my phone... That's todays marketing! Just by the way, I really don't want to know how it works out for the developers of all those free (and advertising free) apps to get their money. No, thank you, I don't want to know. I still have to find out how it works and practise with this app a little bit. It will take a while and I'm wondering if that could be because of my age... 😔

A new Twitter contact from the west neighbour country asked me recently about my age while we got to know each other and remarked that there would be a lot of people 'here' (at Twitter and Instagram) below the 20s. OMG! I really don't want to be below 20 again! 😮 Okay, the 'big bad 5' shows her grimace at my birthday horizon and I don't like her to come closer (God thanks still 3,5 years away!).  Perhaps I should throw away my new documents and let people guess my age? Would that help? 😈 If the photos are not good, I will definitely do it! 😄

Photos. I'm just discovering that today my post is all about photos. The camera in my new smartphone is not bad and it's fun to try it out. We also bought a new digital camera for the trip and although it was not expensive, I think it makes pictures like a professional camera. 😍 My recent favorite motiv: The moon. With a steady hand and full zoom, you can even see the craters on the lunar surface in the pictures. Amazing, isn't it? 


Or the daily sunsets that I can watch from my balcony all year round. Sometimes I catch some swallows during their hunting flight with my photos and I think: I hope nobody thinks I would have added them later! 😟 Because the pictures just look so good that you might think I faked them. They are definitely not faked - I swear! 👍



Some of you may think that this could all be a bit too much in terms of this trip. For me, this dream destination is worth much more 💗 and I'm really looking forward to it! 😍 My enthusiasm for the Hawaiian language is also unbroken. By now I've learned about 200 words and I'm still "duolinging" (using the Duolingo app) every day. Before you ask: Yes, I can already say complete sentences! 😉 And yes, I know that in Hawaii, English is spoken and Hawaiian is not necessary. The thing is: the language has cast a spell on me and the more I learn, the more it fascinates me. 💗 It's even easy for me although the Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters and the language consists of a lot of repeating syllables, apostrophes and other accentuation marks. This might sound complicated, but it isn't. What astonishes me most is that the pronunciation of the Hawaiian language is much more like the German language than the English one. Perfect conditions, aren't they? 😁

Enough for today! Otherwise I will be scolded again for writing so much. 😉

Just let me say one more thing: A huge 'THANK YOU and YOU'RE SO AWESOME' to all the people out there who accompany me personally or virtually on this trip. Mahalo nui loa!

Aloha! 🌺🌴

My quote of the day: 
"It's not about being the best. It's about being better than you were yesterday."



⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment