Friday, March 6, 2020

HIGH and LOW

'Life is a rollercoaster (Just gotta ride it)' ♪♫


That’s a song from Ronan Keating, probably quite well known to you. Currently I have this title on my mind even if I know that the lyrics is not in context to what’s currently going on out there. But still the title fits just right. BTW … Let me warn you. This post will contain some sarcasm because I can't help myself any other way at the moment.


Click me!
Around 1 week ago the Christmas package that my honey and I sent beginning of December to our hosts in Hawai’i finally arrived - after more than 10 weeks! Cheers to logistics! But frankly speaking, I’m glad that it has even arrived.πŸ˜€ It's not nice if you want to surprise someone and then it doesn't work. Our host shared the German Christmas cake (Dresdner Stollen) with the Hula girls and so this wonderful photo was taken. It's my favorite (belated) Christmas gift! Mahalo Hula Gals! So this was definitely a HIGH.πŸ”Ί



What follows on HIGH?πŸ”Ί Rhetorical question, of course it’s LOWπŸ”». 2 days after ‘The Hula girls eating German Christmas cake’ I learned that my favorite auntie had died with 86 years. She had been my last ‘living’ connection to my father who passed away some years ago. And that really hit me - especially because my mother is also in her mid-80s. 

At that age, death isn't a big surprise, actually. Nevertheless you are never really prepared for it, right? I needed a few days to sort my feelings but then the rollercoaster really got going. Someone from the #H50 fandom found a web auction about an H50 fan package. A visit to the H50 set, a multi-day hotel stay, various vouchers for restaurants, shops and other attractions were included. Reported value: $ 6,500. Redeemable in summer 2020. And what does that tell a real H50 fan? No doubt, there will be a next season of the loved series! An unofficial confirmation, hooray!😍 And so there was the next HIGH.πŸ”Ί The fact that this web auction no longer clearly referred to H50 2 days later was strange and still couldn't  affect my HIGHπŸ”Ί at that moment.

But unfortunately this HIGHπŸ”Ί didn’t last very long. Friday night (German time zone) they dropped the bomb that there will be no new season of Hawaii Five-0.πŸ’₯ I won’t talk or speculate at this point about the reasons. This has been done (and is still ongoing) more than enough in the social media. I guess I don't need to say that this was a very very very deep LOWπŸ”» for me and the whole H50 fandom. It's still so.😭 It’s not easy to let go of something or someone you’ve been in touch with on a daily basis for years.πŸ’” And so we (the fans) went through the stages of unbelief, horror, consternation and grief. Not less of the fans took a detour across anger and lack of understanding. Some of us still do so as you can read in current tweets. I hope we all will reach the stage of acceptance as soon as possible.πŸ™ It is what it is and instead of being mad and rude, everybody should be happy and thankful about this outstanding and wonderful series that brought so much joy, action and fun on our screens. 10 years is a big deal for this business, a real big deal. πŸ’―


Of course I’m also sad that I won’t get any further chance to take a glimpse at filmings when I’ll be back on O’ahu in September.😞 Having the chance to see the H50 SOTB (Sunset on the Beach) was at least one of the reasons why I decided to return in September to my favorite isle. And I’m looking forward to this trip! Oh yes! By that I made it after this devastating notice to find my composure back - a bit at least. But oh boy, with the knowledge what was still ahead of me this week, it wasn't easy to keep it. The 9th anniversary of my father's death and also my auntie's burial. ❤

Click me!
After my aunt's funeral, my mom and I had lunch together and told many stories about my aunt. "Do you remember when she ...?" Thus it was a kind of funeral feast, just by us two because we had decided to leave my aunt's family with all her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren alone. A little later I went for a walk through the park of the nearby moated castle. The sun was so beautiful that I wanted to take advantage of my free time. I sat down on a bench in the park, listening to my music, keeping my face into the sun. In a distance I saw another woman sitting on a bench and thought that she looked similar to my best friend. But since she lives on the other side of the city, it was unlikely that she was. At some point I headed back to the parking lot and this woman also left the bench and came towards me. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it WAS my best friend!πŸ’— We hugged each other warmly. She only gazed at me and my eyes instantly became wet. I won't go deeper at this point. Just saying that she was just right there when I needed a friend at my side.πŸ™ Another one of those lucky coincidences which meanwhile seem to accompany me for months now. And of course this was a HIGH πŸ”Ί again. 😊


Rollercoaster, rollercoaster, rollercoaster! Have I actually mentioned that I love rollercoasters?  No? Okay, now you know. Eventually it was the sarcasm that also brought me through the last days. Overflow of emotions? No problem, just push the 'Let's go sarcastic' button and there we are! 😜


Ain't we living in a weird and crazy world? Viruses come and go.😷 This game has been repeated for years and I get the impression that it is going crazier every time. Yes, it's bad because people die from it. But they do that even without a virus - for a variety of reasons. You don't have to agree with me, but this time it's exaggerated in my opinion. I can't stop wondering what the hell are people doing with tons of toilet paper they bought everywhere? I don't get it. Why toilet paper? Moreover, wasn't people taught how to wash their hands properly? Do they perhaps need the toilet paper to dry their hands?πŸ˜‰ Do we no longer need to wash our hands when we get vaccinated against everything?πŸ˜‡ OMG! That would save so much loo paper!!! 😁


I'm sorry if it seems that I'm not taking this crisis seriously enough. Illnesses are no doubt crap. But, thank God, this world is not a sterile place. Thus, deal with it! Enough said. At least for today. 😏

Yes, life is a roller coaster ride. For me it has never been as true as in the past few days. That's life. And we'll get over everything I've written about. We will! πŸ‘



E mau ana ke aloha! 
Love shall endure! 
Just #bekind! 

And by the way ... 194 days to Hawai'i πŸ˜Ž 
Aloha! πŸŒΊπŸŒ΄πŸŒΊ


⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

No comments:

Post a Comment