Sunday, October 27, 2019

When in doubt, go on vacation! - ENGLISH version

And in fact I had a lot of doubts


Barely 1 week to go until I'll be on my way to Hawai'i. In the meantime a certain inner calmness has displaced my restlessness. For months I had sleep issues and now it seems to get finally better again. Can you believe it?!? My to-do-list is empty now!πŸ’₯ The visas were applied and approved; I've a new pair of sunglasses; all documents are done; the hotelroom in Waikiki is reserved, and the mobile accessibility is ensured. At times I was sure I would never make it to finish off that list but everything is done now.😌 Except that I have to pack my suitcase of course and that's an easy one.



It's the first time in my working life that I'll be off for 3 weeks of vacation. My return to work is scheduled even later because back home I expect having quite a jet lag. I'm glad I finally get a chance to find out what this is - with Hawai'i and me. I've no idea what will turn out. I only know that the result will effect my future life. Sounds cryptical, right? Frankly speaking, it feels exactly that way. I will find out and if you'll continue reading my blog you'll find out as well.πŸ˜‰

Meanwhile people start asking "When does it start?". In the last week I'll probably walk around with the most stupid grin on my face anybody has ever seen.😁 With my first post back then I already suspected that this trip can become quite adventurous. Now, looking back 12 months ... oh my goodness! So much happened and so many things are different now - and it's definitely not yet over. These months have taught me how thrilling life can be when I think outside the box. It feels so wonderful I never want to miss it again. Seems this girl has found a new passion for life - and honestly, I love her for that!πŸ’—


"And my special thanks go to ..." Isn't it that what Oscar winners always say? I can't deny that there's a little hope inside of me that someday I will have the opportunity to say 'Mahalo nui loa!' to the person who paved the way for all this.πŸ™ I think you can imagine that it means a lot to me.


Anyhow,  only a few days are left and they will still keep me busy until we start on the early Friday
morning. Germany, France, Canada, USA. This is our route and I like the fact that we start on Friday morning and arrive in the evening on the same day, despite 26 hours travel.😎 A funny side story to this: A friend offered to drop us at the airport as soon as we booked our trip. He offered to drop us off and to pick up us again when we return. During the months I asked several times "Are you sure you wanna do this?" and he confirmed every time. Well, Oliver. You've had your chance, pal! We need to be at the airport before 5am that morning. I suppose that tall guy is still hoping for a chance to hide in one of our suitcases!😏

When I think back to the last months, I have to grin.😁 I guess I've driven everyone around me crazy with my Hawai'i obsession. In any case it's interesting to see the different reactions of people. Many are envious, but happy for me. There's only a few who seem not being able to understand my excitement. Hawai'i is obviously one of the dream destinations for us Europeans par excellence. It can also be a matter of money to choose this destination or not, I know. But New Zealand or Australia are also not closer or less expensive. I was surprised to hear from a few that they had been in Hawai'i long time ago. When we spoke about that I expected to find the same glow and rapture in their eyes, that you find in mine when I talk about the islands. But I didn't found it.😢 This reminds me of the comments of my best friend who told me several times during this year "My goodness! I've never seen you longing so bad for something!" She knows me for more than 20 years now but hell yeah, that's it in a nutshell! It's just that simple. 


Aloha! πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™



⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

No comments:

Post a Comment