Friday, November 15, 2019

Day No. 12 & 13 on O'ahu

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. 

~Jean Paul


Wednesday - day No. 12. My subtitle sounds a bit dismal, I know. But today was one of those days when you can't stop thinking. Currently  (9pm) I'm sitting on the Lanai in the dark and occasionally I take a look at the beautiful moon which mirrors itself on the sea and spreads a wonderful light. OneRepublic sounds out of my earspeaker so loud that I can't hear anything else. That's how I can sort my restless thoughts best. 😎

It had been a quiet day. No special tour, activity or something else. Before breakfast, I was out swimming around 7am, alone.🏊 After a while I got out of the water and sat down on the beach. Already at that time I realized my strange mood. A man with 4 dogs came to the beach and I watched him play with the dogs until my honey showed up.🐢 I had left him in bed without waking him up

We're here for 12 days now and somehow it feels like I need to make a kind of interim balance. Hawai'i is as gorgeous as I imagined.πŸ™ All my expectations have been fulfilled so far. A few were even exceeded and I know it will become hard when we'll have to leave.πŸ’” But there're still 9 days left and there're still enough things I want to see and to do. So far I've met a lot of interesting and inspiring people. Some of them really make me think.

This afternoon we were in the next town to buy a few things, and on the way we saw filming on the roadside.πŸ“Ή Although I could not figure out what production it was, my host said it was Hawaii Five 0. Almost on our doorstep, more or less. But admittedly today it didn't thrilled me at all. I know that they had been at Makapu'u Beach where I yesterday discovered the signs. Somehow it seems that there are filmings everywhere to find and you truly can't avoid to stumble over it. That also is Hawai'i .πŸ’— Aloha! πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™




Thursday - day No. 13. Aloha kakahiaka! The early bird drove me out of bed with the sunrise this morning and a few minutes past 7am I have already thrown myself into the waves.🌊 No one else was on the beach besides me. Just those cute little crabs of all sizes which whiz on the beach or sit in their little holes or digging those.πŸ¦€ I love to sit down and watch them doing their thing. Oh man, I could get used to this kind of life; I really could. On my way back in our apartment I met our host in the garden and we had a nice talk. Tonigh I'll go with her again to the Hula class and I'm looking forward seeing Kumu Mary again. While we had our girls talk, my honey showed up, said good morning, kissed me and went to the water. We continued our conversation and again she had some wonderful tips for us. But, oh my goodness! I was astonished when she told me that she knows the wife of Taylor Wily (Kamekona) from work. This is really an island! She also told me that neighbors have already seen the first whales pass by.🐳 I know that the whale season starts with November and I'm still hoping to be lucky to see them while our stay.

Around noon we drove up north again. We were already several times in the shopping center of La'ie and I had seen the street across. As we passed by today I ask my honey to turn and follow the street. It lead us to La'ie Point State Wayside where we had a fantastic view on Kukuihoolua Island. 😎



Still impressed by this remarkable view we continued our tour up to north. Kahuku, Kawela Bay and the Turtle Bay Resort, the Sunset Beach, the Banzai Pipeline to Pupukea. The North Shore is so worth seeing - not only because of the unique beaches and the big waves, especially at this time. It's simply the combination of all its aspects. The nature, the people and the feel. The feeling of Aloha. Up to now I've found it everywhere on the island, the Aloha Spirit. And you can't avoid to fall in love, that's a fact. πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’—




 You find it simply everywhere. 'Drive with Aloha' signs next to the street or sometimes in this form:


Also at this place we came along several times and this time we had to stop to take the picture. It's at Kaluapulehu Point, just around the corner of our current place to stay, and belongs to Kahana Bay and the Huila Pond. If you ask me the beauty of the island nature is matchless. πŸ‘‘


Back home again it was time to continue my Hula experience and so our host and me drove again to the Kualoa Ranch to meet Kumu Mary and the other Hula gals.😊 Each time again when you're having fun time flies. Due to a short but strong rain the high humidity made us all sweat a lot. Jap, the Hula dance is quite demanding. And before someone will ask - I forgot to take photos.πŸ˜‰ When I returned to our holiday home a wonderful moonrise awaited me. And my honey of course. πŸ’—

Aloha! πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™



⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

No comments:

Post a Comment