Friday, November 8, 2019

Day No. 6 on O'ahu

Coincidence or maybe fate?



I have no idea what's going on here! Slowly It's starting to get scary. Last night I told our host about my travel blog and this morning she tells me that she has read it completely and invites me to come with her to her Hula class. Oh my goodness! Lucky me! πŸ™Of course I agreed to come with her. 

It was a cloudy day again. But with these temperatures I barely have any problem with less sun. We also had some rain this afternoon but hey ... water keeps the nature green!πŸŒ΄πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒΊ Of course you'll never hear me saying this at home in Germany!πŸ˜‰ It had been quite a lazy day. When I opened my eyes first in the morning around 6am it was clear that the sunrise would be hidden behind lots of clouds and so I turned around and slept on for a while. Having a holiday is a nice thing, I can tell ya! πŸ˜‡

With a late breakfast and a blog post to be catched up, time flies and it was early afternoon. We decided to have a nice walk on the beach. Because of my appointment for the Hula class time was limited. The beach behind the house isn't to wide but very nice.πŸ– It's like a lonely beach because only less people come here. Anyhow, we enjoyed our walk, took photos and looked detailed at the 'beach life'. πŸ¦€









I guess we had been 2h on the beach before we returned. As mentioned before, sometimes time simply flies and we needed to buy some food. Thus we changed from the 'beach wear' to the 'street wear', jumped in our nice blue SUV and drove up north to Hau'ula.😎 I don't know what it's all about but since we're here on O'ahu we always get lost of each other inside these american food markets,  my honey and I. It always ends that he searchs for meπŸ”Ž and I search for him.πŸ” And then we sometimes search our shopping trolley - together of course. πŸ˜‚ Crazy things, really crazy things happen here!πŸ‘€

Back home there was only little time thus we postponed our dinner after the Hula class. We finally met our host at the car park outside and drove together to .... guess where?😊 The Kualoa Ranch! Yes, this Hula class takes place at that Ranch. In fact, nobody was there any more than the other hula girls, but remember my words from the beginning of this post. For those who don't know Kualoa Ranch. It's a very large area near Ka'a'awa where many films and series are shot. Such as Jurasic Park, Lost and of course Hawaii Five-0. As a tourist, you can book various activities / tours there and we are still considering whether or what we will perceive. 

Back to the Hula class. The women of this class are of the age of 30 to 70 and welcomed me very warmly. Thanks to my host I also had a Pa'u skirt (that's the name of the Hula skirt) to put on. If any of you think there are pictures of it, no there're not!⛔ I have banned my honey from taking pictures!πŸ“΅πŸ˜‰And then Kumu Mary arrived. By the way, Kumu means teacher. And Kumu Mary has an incredible presence! As far as I know she's a true Hawaiian. You can accuse me of being biased, but later, when I asked my honey, he confirmed that he also had sensed that presence. Kumu Mary said the dance steps and I tried as well as I could to join. Let me tell you, it isn't that easy as it looks like. The coordination between feet and arms (including the hands) takes a while. Nevertheless it was a lot of fun for me and when I was asked if I would join the class again next week, I didn't hesitated a second and said yes. Maybe I will allow my honey to take one or two photos then.πŸ˜‰ In any case it had been an impressive day for me. There are things going on I need a while to get into my head...

Um... by the way, we booked the Hawaii 5-0 location tour with Amy. Thanks Teresa for reminding me!πŸ™πŸ˜‰

'beach life' 😎



Aloha! πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™


⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆


2 comments:

  1. Excelente deja los miedos y la vergΓΌenza a un costado ,Vive te envΓ­o mis cariΓ±os πŸ’™Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Hilda! Muchas gracias! Thank you so much, my friend! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete