Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Day No. 16 & 17 on O'ahu

kind heart - fierce mind - brave spirit


Sunday - day No. 16. Waking up today was inspired by the thought "Wow! I really jumped out of that chopper and it was such a fun! I would do it again, right now! I WANT to do it again!".😍 Yes, exactly ... I would. But meanwhile my time on this beautiful island is nearly running out and I realize that I still haven't seen and haven't done all the things I wanted to. Thus I need to plan a bit more carefully for the last days. So let's start with the blog post about yesterday (Saturday). I was so exhausted from this exciting day that I went to bed early and so I have to catch up again. Sitting on the Lanai with some coffee I started to write about our adventure with Trident Adventures. Quickly I noticed that with all this excitement I couldn't remember all the names of the crew.🙅 A bit embarrassing because each of them deserves to be neatly mentioned and so I tried to find out as much as I could. I wasn't very successful and noticed further more that writing about that day would take quite a while. Finally, I needed almost the whole day because I had to stop several times. The weather became so bad that I had to go inside because of heavy rain and wind. I have to admit that I took a nap at noon but with the bad weather I didn't felt guilty at all. Nevertheless I finished my post and of course I was curious about the resonance when I published it late at night.🌟 I knew that a few people were already waiting for it and so I tried my best. Aloha! 🌴🌺🙏


Monday - day No. 17. Only 5 days left and I remember my idea to plan more carefully. First on my list for today: The German translation of my last post. I usually manage to create both versions in a row but the post was extensive and the research has cost me time. No matter! Let's get to work.  Coffee, my Laptop and me again on the Lanai and wonderul weather again. Indeed I finished the German version quite fast and before lunch time we hit the road to Kane'ohe. Our destination: the Ho'omaluhia Botanical Garden. Everytime when we drive across the island and come along these wonderful green mountains I can't keep back with taking pictures.💗 I haven't yet figured out why they are so fascinating to me. Shape or color, I just can't say it. I simply can't get enough of them!😍 Many people are the same, I know. Even my host is fascinated by the green mountains from the first day on and she meanwhile lives here for more than 30 years. Is it magic? Something that can't be defined? I guess some things in life you just need to accept as they are because there is no meaningful explanation for it. 









From Kane'ohe we drove to Honolulu. I had Chinatown on my list but frankly speaking I didn't found what I was looking for. For a while we drove through that district but sadly nothing made me wanna stop and have a closer look or even have a walk around. I don't know if I had been at the wrong place but I guess that I simply had wrong expectations. From Chinatown we headed to Waikiki and shortly thereafter we strolled into the International Market Place. I knew that I wouldn't find THAT place back that I had seen in several episodes of Hawaii Five-0. Many people told me that the City had rebuild it into a mall and that the charm of the place that was shown in the early seasons of the show was lost. Therefore I was prepared to find a mall like the Ala Moana Center. We went through all the floors and besides the fact that the International Market Place is more manageable, I liked the whole concept much better than in the Ala Moana Center. But of course this is only my opinion.😉




On our way back home to Ka'a'awa there had been a wonderful rainbow across the Kalaniana'ole Hyw and Koko Head.🌈 The Hawaiian goddess Anuenue has send some in the last few days.😍


While writing this post we had during the last 2 or 3 hours thunder, lightning and at times heavy rain. A Flash Flood Warning was issued for O'ahu. I like this kind of weather and of course the 'light show'. Mother Natures force is just so incredible! 💚

Aloha! 🌴🌺🙏


⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

3 comments: