Sunday, November 10, 2019

Day No. 8 on O'ahu

Go with the flow 


Aloha ahiahi! Good evening! Another day in Hawai'i has nearly passed. I'm sitting in front of my laptop and think about the past hours while my honey is preparing some late coffee in the kitchen. 😊 There had been a lot of impressions today and I need a moment to sort them all out before I can write it down. 


Again the sunrise was so beautiful this morning that I couldn't resist watching. Whether sunrise or sunset - I just can't get enough of it! A bit later we had breakfast on the Lanai and planned our day. Indeed we made it today to be on the road even before lunch time! Motto of the day: Go West! Again we drove through this amazing scenery of green mountains and I guess nothing could have thrilled me more at that moment.πŸ™





 Click to enlarge the pics!


Thus, Go West! Starting from Ka'a'awa we took the 83 South to the H3 to the West to Halawa. Then we switched to the H1 further to the West along Waimalu, Perl City and Waipahu. At Makakilo the H1 turns into the 93 which ends shortly before Ko'Olina. And Ko'Olina was our first destination today. Hawai'i and Hawaii Five-0 experts know right off where in detail I wanted to go. Yes, it was Trident Adventures.  As known I simply love the ocean and I always wanted to dive or to snorkel - but I never did. So, can you imagine any other place which could be more suitable than Hawai'i? Trident Adventures is highly recommended by everybody who ever booked a tour with these experienced guys. Their friendliness and cordiality is almost legendary and that's exactly how was their welcome when we came to the dive shop. I can't repeat the detailed wording, but it was like "Come in and feel like Ohana, even if you don't know you already are."

We're here now for 1 week and we've met so many interesting and imposing people. It doesn't matter where or who or in which context - simply everybody is always ready to help, patient and incredible kind. It's no surprise that you feel like home very quickly. Anyway, happy about the plans for next week and impressed by those kind guys we left Ko'Olina again and followed the 93 to the north, always along the coast - until the end. We came through Nanakuli, Maili, Waianae, Makaha and turned around at Ka'ena Point. See the breathtaking nature on our photos! 😍









Finally we drove all the way back to Village Park on the H1 and left there for the 750 (Kunia Rd) up to north. All along the Schofield Barracks, the Dole Plantation, Haleiwa on the 83 back home on the same way as some days before. And we bought - this time 2 pieces - fresh ice cold coconuts at the same place like before. Unfortunately our hosts weren't at home when we returned and so my honey has to do the 'man's job' tomorrow and peel the 2 coconuts. 

That's it for today. I hope my posts keep to be interesting for you. In any way I love to write all this down and I'm sure that someday I'll be very happy that I did. 

Aloha! πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™


Today's nearly full moon with 94.8% recorded at 6:22 pm HST



⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

No comments:

Post a Comment