Thursday, November 21, 2019

Day No. 18 on O'ahu

"Eventually, everything connects."


After this restless night that was determined of thunder and lightning we started the new day late and slowly.😌 Wow! Looking at my own photos I often think that some of them could be photo wallpapers. And I make daily new ones! Anyhow, our today's destination was Honolulu again. Our friend Oliver who drove us to the airport and who will also pick us up again (hopefully) has asked me to bring a Hawaiian shirt and I had an idea where to look for it. Bailey's Antiques & Aloha Shirts on Kapahulu Ave. Meanwhile it's not surprising anymore when I admit that I've seen that shop at my favorite series, right? By the way, did anyone notice the great Hawaiian shirts that Chi McBride alias Lou Grover is wearing in the series? I'am totally thrilled every time! And so we went to that shop which advertises to have more than 15.000 Hawaiian shirts!😲 When we entered the store, I immediately knew that it was the right one. Oh my goodness! Hawaiian shirts everywhere, even hanging from the ceiling! It took a moment to understand the sorting but then we 'dived' into this textile sea of all kind of colors. As I already wrote a while ago I'm no shopping girl but this shop is Heaven on Earth!😍 After more than 1 hour we left the store with several shirts, a base cap and some Hawaiian car plates. A full success! 


Next we drove to Waikiki, found a parking spot and went to the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort. We knew that Hawaii Five-0 was filming there. The fandom on Twitter is mostly very good informed. They had filmed on the beach behind the Hotel that morning but when we arrive the set was already dismantled. Thus we left the beach and walked to the Hilton Hawaiian Village to have a look around. Wow! It's a beautiful but incredible huge complex! And they have a gift shop with Hawaii Five-0 souvenirs as I knew. Well, we found the shop, but neither the items nor the selection met our expectations - and the prices didn't also. A tiny bit disapointed we walked back to our car and we left Waikiki again on the Kapahulu Ave. And sometimes it gets worse. I read on Twitter that the shooting was not finished yet and that they had only moved the location - in front of the hotel!πŸ˜₯



There is one thing you HAVE to do when you come to Honolulu. You have to go to Leonard's Bakery and / or to the Liliha Bakery.  I resisted first because of health reasons but today I became weak. My honey stopped at the bakery on the Kapahulu Ave and we went into the shop. What a wonderful fragrance of fresh pastry, so sweet and seductive!πŸ˜‹ Half a dozen mixed Malasadas and half a dozen of Malasada Puffs filled with Haupia (coconut) which was my choice because I'm an absolute coconut lover. πŸ₯₯ Add 2 large cappuccinos and you'll be able to forget any trouble!😎






Of course, we tried the first on the spot before we drove back to  Ka'a'awa.πŸ˜‰ And the best came at the end because we shared the Malasadas with our hosts and unexpectedly made them happy with just a few pieces of pastry.πŸ˜€ Oh my ... I know that I will miss them! πŸ™


You don't meet people by accident, 
there is always a reason: 
a blessing or a lesson.

AlohaπŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™


⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

No comments:

Post a Comment