Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Day No. 3 on O'ahu

First excursion


Aloha kakahiaka!🌞
Today we've had another astounding sunrise and my honey and I sat on the Lanai again with some hot coffee in our hands. By the way ... Thanks you for the correction, Silke!πŸ™ For explanation, in my last post I wrote 'Lanikai' instead of Lanai as Hawaiian word for porch but Lanikai is a beach and the right word for porch is definitely Lanai. Meanwhile I have changed it in my post. In Germany we say "If you find a typo, please keep it!" πŸ˜‰ but in this case I'm very glad about Silkes hint.


The weather was good today so we decided to head north. On the 83 (Kamehameha Highway) from Ka'a'awa over Hau'ula, Laie, Kahuku, Kawela Bay, Pupukea, Haleiwa, Wahiawa, Mililani, Pearl City, Halawa, Kaneohe, Ahuimano, Kahaluu and Waikane - if someone wants to retrace our route. 🚘


In Kahuku we passed a Sugar Mill that's now on our to-do-list for the stay here. We also saw some really impressive coast areas as also the Banzai Pipeline. And again I had Hawaii Five-0 in my head! πŸ˜‚




Not far away from Whitmore Village we passed the Dole Pineapple Plantation (Hala kahiki - Hawaiian word for pineapple). Have you ever seen what a pineapple plant looks like?🍍 I didn't knew before I found out that there is this plantation on O'ahu. Moreover the plantation had been a filming scenery for Hawaii Five-0 (season 4). For H50 fans I simply need to quote a certain name: Bradley Cooper. πŸ˜



Finally on our way back home to Ka'a'awa we took the H3 and drove thru this fantastic landscape of green mountains. I'm absolutely fascinated by these green mountains here on the island!😍 No idea what's the reason for this but I simply love these views!πŸ’—


 




I know this is an island but I'm right now thinking about coincidences because I read that Hawaii Five-0 and Magnum PI were BOTH filming in the area of the pineapple plantation at the time we drove by. And we didn't saw any indication for that!πŸ™ Well, that's life. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not!πŸ˜…

Aloha! πŸŒ΄πŸŒΊπŸ™


⤇  Thanks for reading! Comments & thoughts appreciated. ⤆

No comments:

Post a Comment